The Holiday Season is upon us and with that comes gift giving to teachers and neighbors. The children have their main teachers, teacher aides, a student teacher, Principal, art, technology, PE, music, dance, keyboard, Spanish and swim teacher. All of these people pour endless amounts of attention onto my children in order to help me in molding them into the people they will be. Most of these people go above and beyond their job descriptions and are some of the most patient and caring people that I have ever met. Each year we create homemade gifts for our teachers with love. I’m so excited for this years Peppermint Sugar Body Scrub! It is so simple and easy that even my 3 year old helped make it.
You Will Need:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil (Coconut, Sunflower or a mixture of both)
- Essential Oils- 15-25 drops (Your Choice. We used peppermint to be festive).
- Glass Jars- Click Here To Order
- Ribbon or Thread- Click Here To Order
- Wooden Spoons- Order Here
Ingredients: The scrub is so natural and simple that it only consists of three ingredients.
- Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil (I used a combination of both).
- Essential Oils (I used Peppermint for the holiday season but you can use anyone you want. In the past we have used Lavender, Eucalyptus and Lemon).
Mix: Combine all of the ingredients together into a bowl. You can add more or less essential oils based on your personal preferences.
Scoop: You can use any jars with a secure closing lid. We used glass jars with a hinged, canister style lid (Click here to purchase the jars from Amazon). Carefully spoon the mixture into the jars and secure the lids.
Tie: Add some festive ribbon or string and make sure to add a label letting the recipient know whats inside. We used this red and white thread (Click here to order it through Amazon).
Spoon: Add a small scooped spoon to the jar. We used wooden ones as they are more natural and look perfect! (Click Here To Order Through Amazon).
If you enjoyed this post, we think you may also be interested in: